This was a small rhynchosaur (diapsid reptiles related to the archosaurs), and being 2 feet long one of the smallest known of its group. Footprints believed to belong to Rhynchosaurus- suitably named Rhynchosauroides -have been found in the Alps. It had a semi-erect posture like a crocodile and its hind feet appear to have been adapted for scratching and digging. It had two large teeth at the front of its head, and its skull structure suggests that it had a good sense of smell, but poor hearing.
Imagine a large, reptilian naked mole rat.
- igrokgeek reblogged this from lostbeasts
- i-grok-geek reblogged this from rigel2
- rigel2 reblogged this from lostbeasts
- forgotlmfao reblogged this from lostbeasts
- arrojadoa likes this
- raatakelihai likes this
- kororaa likes this
- roddaxios likes this
- aerodactylus reblogged this from lostbeasts
- aerodactylus likes this
- lulzysnake reblogged this from lostbeasts
- meredithrodneymckays likes this
- lostbeasts posted this